Registration Information & Policies
- Registration requests for 2021 Summer/Fall workshops can be submitted online, by phone, or in-person beginning January 26, 2021 for Members of Peninsula School of Art, and February 9, 2021 for non-members. Students may join or renew at the time of registration. Registrations are accepted on a strictly first-come, first registered basis.
- The 2021 workshop schedule is subject to change and cancellations and/or new workshops may be programmed. Please be sure to review our website for the most up-to-date workshop schedule.
- Please read the workshop description carefully before enrolling to ensure that the workshop is appropriate for your skill level.
- Peninsula School of Art is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment during its programs for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, color, age, religion, national origin, economic status, or political affiliation.
- Peninsula School of Art reserves the right to refuse registrations from participants who have a history of unacceptable behavior, or to dismiss any student without refund who engages in conduct deemed to be harassment toward others or disruptive of the learning environment.
- We encourage everyone to report instances of harassment to PenArt leadership (Cathy Hoke, Executive Director, or Elysia Michaelsen, Director of Education).
- While you are at Peninsula School of Art, your health and safety are our top priority. We have established COVID-19 Safety Policies with added layers of precaution. Click to learn more.
- Upon receipt of full payment, a confirmation notice will be emailed to you within two days. The confirmation notice contains important information regarding your workshop, including your supply list. Please add Regisrar@PeninsulaSchoolofArt.org to your safe sender list.
- Material fees not included in workshop tuition are to be paid directly to the instructor before the end of class. You may pay by check or exact change. When known, these fees will be indicated on your supply list. For other classes, the materials fee will be based on the amount of materials used during the workshop.
- When applicable, model fees are included in workshop tuition.
Children and Teen Registrations
- Students must have reached the minimum age required at the time their workshop begins.
- Upon receipt of full payment, a confirmation notice will be emailed to you within two days. The confirmation letter contains important information regarding their workshop, including a link to the required Health and Photo Release Form. Please add Registrar@PeninsulaSchoolofArt.org to your safe sender list.
- If your child has any accessibility needs, learning differences, allergies, or other special concerns, please include details on the Health and Photo Release Form.
- For adult workshops, you will receive a list of required and optional supplies within 48 hours of registration along with your registration confirmation notice. All supply lists are also available on our website. Instructors may request that you bring more supplies than you will actually use during the course of the workshop. The acquisition and cost of these items is your responsibility.
- All materials for children and teen workshops will be provided, unless otherwise noted.
Beverages and Meals
- During this time, there are no open coffee services offered. Coffee drinkers are encouraged to bring their own.
- During summer and fall programs, adult students have the option to purchase a box lunch at PenArt for $10 per day.
- For students who choose to pack a lunch or those attending winter and spring programs, all food, beverage, and utensils must be kept in a personal cooler at your workstation. The kitchen is not open to the public at this time.
- Children and teens enrolled in a half-day workshop should bring a snack and beverage.
- Teens enrolled in full-day workshops should bring a lunch and beverage in a personal cooler to be kept at their workstation.
- Peninsula School of Art takes food allergies very seriously but is not equipped to handle allergic reactions. If you have specific dietary needs or allergies, bringing your own lunch is your best option. We are not able to accommodate particular food preferences, dietary restrictions, or food allergies.
- PenArt makes a substantial investment when planning a workshop, and vacancies can be hard to fill even with a waiting list. While we understand that circumstances may arise causing a change in your plans, we must adhere to a business policy. If you need to cancel your registration, PenArt must be notified by phone, and the following policies apply:
- 30 days or more prior to a workshop: Full refund of tuition, less a $100 cancellation fee for multi-day adult workshops, $15 fee for single-day adult/teen workshops, or $25 cancellation fee for youth workshops.
- 29 days or less prior to a workshop: No refunds of any amount.
- Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services. This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of reason for cancelling.
- For your protection and should an unforeseen personal emergency arise, we HIGHLY recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Some credit cards, auto clubs, travel services, or online companies offer travel insurance for non-refundable expenses.
- If you drop out of a class once it has started, there are no refunds for any amount.
- Students may transfer from one workshop to another, space permitting, 30 days or more prior to the workshop for which they are currently registered. A $25 transfer fee for adult workshops and a $15 transfer fee for children and teen workshops will apply. Registrations are not transferable to another person.
- When a workshop fills, we start a waiting list. There is no charge to be on a waiting list. If space becomes available, we will contact the first person on the list. That person has 24 hours to register before we move on to the next.
If PenArt Cancels a Workshop
- Occasionally, PenArt must cancel a workshop due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If we do, we will notify you as soon as possible. You may register for another workshop (based on availability) or receive a full refund of tuition paid. Notification of cancellation will normally occur four weeks prior to the beginning of the workshop, in rare cases however, it may be less. Peninsula School of Art is not responsible for losses incurred due to housing, personal expenses, travel, or other arrangements.
If There is a Change in Workshop Instructor
- Occasionally, a listed instructor is unable to participate because of illness, unforeseen personal matter, or change in their professional schedule. If we must replace an instructor, we will do so with someone of equal or similar credentials. When time permits, we will inform all registered students.
- Peninsula School of Art is committed to addressing barriers to participation that can restrict access to the visual arts for children, teens, and adults. Our gallery and studios are accessible; however, some studio equipment may require accommodation. We will make every effort to provide access to people with disabilities without posing undue hardship for the organization. For inquiry about accessibility needs, please contact Elysia Michaelsen at workshop@PeninsulaSchoolofArt.org or 920.868.3455.
Pets and Service Animals
- Please leave your pets at home. Pets, other than licensed therapy or service dogs such as Seeing Eye Dogs, are not allowed on the grounds, in cars in the park lot, or in PenArt buildings.
- Peninsula School of Art complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Any student who plans to bring a service animal must notify the Registrar at the time of registration, at which time we may ask if the service animal is required because of a disability or what work or task the service animal has been trained to perform. A service animal must be under the handler’s control at all times, and the handler is expected to clean up after the service animal.