FOR CHILDREN & TEEN WORKSHOPS
If your child has any learning needs, allergies, or any other special concerns, please let us know when you register.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Students should dress appropriately for art projects, including suitable footwear. Many classes use dyes, inks or paints that may stain hands and clothing. Dress your child in old clothing or send along an apron, work shirt or smock.
- Weather permitting, students will take their breaks on the grounds and should have appropriate clothing to wear outside.
- We are not responsible for clothes that become stained during the workshops.
WHAT TO BRING
- All materials will be provided, unless otherwise noted.
- Every studio is provided with a cooler of water.
- You may send along a small snack if you like, but keep in mind refrigeration is not available for students ages 3¹⁄₂ to 12.
- We do not provide food for students.
- Students enrolled in teen workshops should bring their own lunch. Our kitchen is open for teen student to use.
- Class size is kept small to provide the best educational experience. Enrollment is limited to 12 students in most workshops. Wheel-throwing workshops are limited to 8 students.
TO CANCEL A REGISTRATION
- PenArt makes a substantial investment when planning a workshop. While we understand that circumstances may arise causing a change in your plans, we must adhere to a business policy.
- If you need to cancel your child's registration, PenArt must be notified by phone, and the following policies apply:
- 30 days or more prior to a workshop: Full refund of tuition, less a $25 cancellation fee.
- 29 days or less prior to a workshop: No refunds for any amount.
- Cancellation fees reflect the cost of registration, staff, instructor contracts, material acquisitions, and other services.
- This policy applies to all registrants, regardless of the reason for cancelling.
- For your protection and should an unforeseen personal emergency arise, we HIGHLY recommended the purchase of trip insurance. Some credit cards, auto clubs, travel services, or online companies offer travel insurance for nonrefundable expenses. If it’s necessary for either an instructor or Peninsula School of Art to cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund of tuition, but not other related expenses. If you drop out of a class once it has started, there are no refunds for any amount.
- Your child may transfer from one workshop to another, space permitting, 30 days or more prior to the workshop for which they are currently registered.
- A $15 transfer fee will apply. Registrations are not transferable to another child. There is a limit to one transfer per student per year.
- When a workshop fills, we start a waiting list. There is no charge to be on the waiting list. If space becomes available we contact the first person on the list. That person has 24 hours to register before we move on to the next person.
PENART CANCELS A WORKSHOP
- Occasionally, PenArt must cancel a workshop due to low enrollment, faculty illness or other unforeseen circumstances. If we do, we will notify you as soon as possible. You may then register for another workshop (based on availability) or receive a full refund of tuition and fees paid to PenArt.
- Notification of cancellation will normally occur three weeks prior to the beginning of the workshop, in rare cases however, it may be less.
- Peninsula School of Art is not responsible for losses incurred due to housing, personal expenses, travel or other arrangements.